Towards an Integral Cinema: The Application of Integral Theory to Cinematic Media Theory and Practice.
Abstract: A historical, theoretical, and viewing analysis is offered of Germaine Dulac’s “integral cinema movement” of the 1920s, suggesting an early introduction of Integral consciousness into cinematic media that corresponds to and predates both Jean Gebser’s and Ken Wilber’s Integral Theories. Defining characteristics of what may constitute an integral cinematic work are mapped out and developed into a set of evaluation criteria using the works of Dulac, Gebser, and Wilber. A preliminary typology of forms of Integral cinematic creation is also presented, and the potential benefits and challenges for the application of Integral Theory to cinematic theory and practice are discussed.
Presentation at Integral Theory Conference 2010 on July 30th, 2010 by Mark Allan Kaplan, Ph.D.
Hi! Welcome to MAKBLOG!
Thanks for dropping by! Feel free to join the discussion by leaving comments, and stay updated by subscribing to the RSS feed. See ya around!
- Integral Goes to the Movies on YouTube
- Announcing the Launch of the Integral Cinema Project YouTube Channel
- Integral Goes to the Movies: Bay Area Integral hosts an evening with Mark Allan Kaplan
- Latest Updates to the Integral Movie and TV List now on IMDb
- Integral Cinema Project Research Partner Report: Project Catch-IT Article Now Available
- The Experience of Divine Guidance Research Presentation
- The Archetypal Lens: A Presentation for an Integral Approach to Archetypes and Archetypes in the Cinematic Arts
- New and Updated Integral Movie and TV List Now on IMDb
- Integral Cinematic Arts Reading List
- Simpol and Integral Cinema Project Research Partnership
TopicsActing Aphorisms Architecture Art Buddhism Christianity Cinema Cinematic Theory Consciousness Convergence Death and Dying Divine Guidance Domains Environment Exegesis Hinduism/Yoga Integral Integral Cinema Integral Life Practice Integral Theory Interspirituality Islam/Sufism Judaism/Kabbalah Learning Lived Inquiry Media Original Gravity Philosophy Physics Poetry Politics Research Shamanism Spiral Dynamics Spiritual Cinema Spirituality Stuttering Taoism Technology Television Theater Transcinema Transpersonal Transpersonal Cinema Transpersonal Television
- Lived Inquiry
- MAK Art